Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Favorite Season

>> Monday, September 23, 2019

Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. We have had some unusual warm weather for this time of the year, so I created a fall card to remind me to hang in there. Fall really is coming!!


I saw a video by Jennifer McGuire recently where she used the "kissing" technique. I haven't used that technique in years and thought I'd give it a try. I started by stamping the silhouette leaf image with various fall colors of ink and then kissing them with a couple of images stamped with brown ink. I used the splattered background image and Vicki's Versatile background image for the kissing. I really like how the leaves turned out.

Next I stamped the Goodbye Summer greeting with the same brown ink and die it with a circle die. I didn't have CS to match any of the inks so I just swiped the red ink pad onto some white CS, kissed the edges with the Vesatile background image and brown ink, die cut it and layered my greeting on top.

After creating this card, I took the dog for a walk and found some piles of raked leaves throughout the neighborhood. Fall really is coming!

Thanks for stopping by,

shelia

4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sheila, this is fabulous. Love the colors and the stamp kissing! Fun stuff. I am so glad to see Fall is here! I could actually stand outside a few minutes this weekend and could see a bit of tree color changing in the mountains. Fun. Hugz

Sue said...

What a great card Shelia! I haven't thought of that technique in forever!! You did an excellent job - some of those spots look to realistic! It's been about 90° the last 2 or 3 days here in CT....I'm done with summer - bring on those cool autumn days!!!

Robin Clendenning said...

What a great card Shelia! I love all the different color fall leaves and that sentiment is a favorite! I LOVE fall!!!
Beautiful card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty & colorful, Shelia! I love the solid leaves in all the fall colors. They're perfect surrounding the wonderful fall greeting.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP