Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Americana and an Ocean Standoff

>> Wednesday, June 12, 2019

In the U.S., the Fourth of July is coming up soon so I thought it would be good to make an Americana card using some of the new images:  Patriotic Heart, Made in the USA Circle, and the Stars and Stripes Border. I turned the heart into a vase and filled it with flowers from the Dogwood Branch.  I cut up the God Bless America Stamp for the sentiment.  To add a bit of a vintage feel, I sponged on some Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I just can't resist the pretty fish from the 4 in 1 Ocean Designs.  On my next card, I stamped a bunch of them, colored them, fussy cut them, and popped them up.  I used the Stars and Stripes border on the bottom to make a little wave or ocean bottom - it was an experiment (lol).

To finish up the card, I drew in a little fishing line - looks like they are all at a standstill deciding who is going to take a bite.  My bet is on the closest fish on the right.

The background was made by brushing on some Faded Jeans Distress Ink, dropping water in big drops, and then patting the paper with a paper towel.  I did the same to the border.  The sentiment is Just Dropping You a Line.
Hope your week is going well.

Hugz




5 comments:

Sue said...

2 very clever cards today Nancy! Excellent job using the Made in the USA circle and adding the flowers to the patriotic heart! Your fish card is adorable! I personally don't think those little fish stand a chance against all those bigger fish which of course is good for them :) Wonderful background and I love the wave you added and how you disguised the stars!!

Karin said...

That school of fish is just amazing! And WOW to that little line and lure that you drew too :) Your vintage-y patriotic card is simply gorgeous! It's crazy to me that you were able to use the background swoop on both those cards...So clever and cool!

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGosh, both of these cards are so clever! I love your patriotic card with the combo of images, the flowers and flag heart look so good together!
The fish card is so amazing! I LOVE the school of fish idea! Brilliant!

Shelia said...

Wow Nancy, these are both fabulous cards! Love the flowers paired with the new patriotic heart image! That's such a pretty card! Your school of fish is adorable! Love both of these beauties!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How wonderful are these, Nancy! Your patriotic heart w/ the flowers on top is beautiful.Your underwater scene is fab w/ the huge school of Nemo fish all converging on the hook.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP