Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Missing You

>> Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Hi Everyone,

With Memorial Day behind us on the calender, it's the unofficial beginning of summer, so I have mini summer like scene on my card share today.

Leonard, from the new Leonard Pig Flies a Kite stamp makes an appearance here.  I stamped multiple hot air balloons from the 4 in 1 In the Sky stamp to complete the little scene.  I embossed 1/2 of my background with kites, and added some die cut clouds to the blue half to mimic the sky.


For a sentiment, I stamped the new Missing You Pig Time inside one of the frames from the Wooden Frame Collection stamp, fussy cutting it and attaching as you see here. 

I needed to make a masculine graduation card, so I chose the Follow Your Dreams stamp for my main image, which I then colored, die cut and matted.

Neutral colors are always more masculine to me, so I created the background using the Grad Hat Hooray and Splatter Background stamps in black and brown ink.


Before attaching the image, I added a strip of splatter stamped cardstock that was layered on to a punched border, and wrapped with some matching twine. 
 Again, twine more masculine than ribbon to me :)  And since the image has a sentiment right on it, I was able to call this card done!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Karin


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, some great sketches and great ways to use all the fab images. I totally love the clouds and the kite embossing folder, and I am amazed at how great the grad hats look with the splatter bg. Brilliant designing here! Hugz

Shelia said...

Love these cards, Karin. Great elements & design on the Leonard card. So clever to stamp the greeting in one of the frames from the last release! Love all the clouds & hot air balloons too. Terrific grad card with the follow your dreams sign & all the grad caps flying through the air!

Sue said...

What a happy summer Leonard scene!! Excellent coloring - love the rainbow of balloons in the sky! Great Grad card too - definitely has a male feel to it :) The splatter background adds a great touch to the grad hats and the sign post if one of my favorite grad images - especially since it isn't really a grad image!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Two more beautiful cards Karin! I especially love the graduation layout! Love the circle with the sign post! What a great card! Your kite one is cute especially with the kite embossing and all the hot air balloons with Leonard flying his kite!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Fab, Karin! Love your kite card..the colors, the embossing, the clouds..it's all wonderful Your grad card is so full of celebration & glee.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP