Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Celebrate Freedom

>> Friday, May 24, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Since it's Memorial Day weekend, I have a patriotic card to share using some brand new, soon to be released images. And I think the greeting pretty much sums it up. In this day & time, I think a lot of folks take their freedom & how it was achieved for granted. So please take a moment this Memorial Day to remember & give thanks to those that gave their lives to ensure our freedom. 

For my card, I stamped the new patriotic wave, multiple times (to get good coverage). A Misti is really handy for solid images like this. Since the ink I used isn't technically for use w/ Copics, I heat set it then carefully colored in the red stripe & fussy cut the top edge. I did the same for the big flag heart image. The cityscape & USA were die cut & I had to link the letters because I ran out of room to stretch them out. The greeting is 2 put together & I used a corner rounder on the rectangle.
Here's the inside & below it are the Copics I used.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great Memorial weekend! 


Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white, royal blue
ink: Versafine majestic blue pigment ink
accessories: RubberneckerRectangle Stitch dies,  Copic markers, Memory Box Cityscape & Silhouette dies, Misti, Spellbinders Font One Upper Case dies



5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

What a great city die and it works perfectly with these new images, Julie. Such a beautiful Patriotic card. Super coloring on the heart too. Great card to show us today. Hugz

Shelia said...

Beautiful patriotic card, Julie. Love the die cuts you used with the border & heart!

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful Julie! Great idea for a patriotic card!! I love that heart!

Sue said...

Wonderful patriotic card today Julie! Great idea coloring the one stripe red on the border and your coloring on the heart is incredible! I'm kind of glad you ran out of space - I love the linked USA!!

Karin said...

I love the red and blue against the bright white background! It's so pretty the way the red strip matches the stripes in the heart!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP