Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Dancing in the Rain

>> Saturday, April 27, 2019

Welcome!

First off, let me say that I'm not a dancing in the rain kinda gal :)  I much prefer to curl up with a good book and enjoy the coziness!



I started my card by stamping our Double Tall Pine trees, masking them and stamping them again slightly higher.  I stamped our new Lightening Bolt in the top right corner and then started my coloring.  It was all done with watercolor pencils and a blending marker using several blues/purples and 3 different greens for the trees.  It wasn't quite gloomy enough so I added some black sponging to the edges.  Since the lightening got a bit smudged I added some extra whiteness with a gel pen and then stamped our Raindrop Background across the entire card using grey ink.  To finish it off I stamped our Dancing in the Rain greeting in the bottom right corner using black ink and layered it on a black folded card.

5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh it's fun to see the lightning in play! What a great card and the sentiment is so right on! Love it!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautifully done, Sue. Love your sky and those awesome trees! The lightning looks so awesome! Super card. Hugz

Shelia said...

Love the background you created for your stormy sky, Sue! Beautifully done.

Karin said...

Your stormy scene looks amazing! I love the bright lighting in the corner and your grove of trees in the opposite!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is terrific, Sue! I've just been contemplating how to do the lighting & your card is wonderful inspiration. Love the stormy blue/gray sky w/ the raindrops.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP