Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Extra Tweet Watercolor

>> Saturday, March 9, 2019

Welcome!


Seems to me like I've been seeing a lot of awesome cards that have been made using watercolors lately and I wanted to give it a try.  Here's my first attempt...



After purchasing my watercolor paper I checked out a few videos online on how to  create a watercolor sky.  All 4 were helpful but they all had different techniques and advice, and my sky here is a combo of all of them.  To start with you have to wet the entire surface you'll be painting on, then add your color (leaving some empty spaces for clouds) and then you can remove some paint with paper towels if necessary.  The hard part was that the paint will continue to blend as it dries so you have to stop and (in my case) hope that it dries the way you want (which it did :)  One of the tips that they all agreed on was that the bottom of the sky needs to be lighter than the top.  My original idea was to just have the sky with the 2 branches, but as they added some sort of ground (mountains or lake) there was a big difference so I added my tree tops.

So, once my sky was dry I stamped our Birdhouse Tree Branch on the left and our Lovebird Branch on the right.  I also stamped them both on scrap so I could color the birds and birdhouse and layer them on top.  The trees were stamped with our Silhouette Background Trees using 2 different color green inks and our new Extra Tweet saying was stamped in black.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Sue

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, some wonderful water-coloring! Great sky and I love how you added those trees in different colors on the bottom. Beautifully done! Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute Sue! These little birdies and birdhouse are perfect! Love those branches, nice blue sky and the extra tweet sentiment!!

Karin said...

This card is so cheerful and totally has me in the mood for spring! Your sky is amazing and I love those little birds paired up with the sentiment!

Shelia said...

Super sweet card, Sue. Your water color back looks perfect!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so cute, Sue! Love your little scene. The sky is perfect & I love the bright pink birdhouse.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP