Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Warm Thoughts and a Thank You

>> Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Hello friends.  Hope your week is going well and you had a wonderful New Year's celebration.  I read a good book and went to bed early.  Due to the rain around here, the fireworks didn't wake me.

Today, I have two cards done using the same image but different sentiments plus a quick Thank You card.

I used the new All in 1 Christmas Village image colored with alcohol markers.  I added a tree line in the background using markers and finished it off with the  Christmas Especially To You greeting and some Snowtex.

I took the same image and made it into a winter card by changing the sentiment to the Warm Thoughts 1 Line Greeting.
Lastly, I needed some quick Thank You cards so I used a SCS challenge to inspire me.  The Challenge was to use embossing folders to stamp backgrounds.
To make this background, I inked up an embossing folder with two different distress inks and then misted them with water.  Next, I closed the folder and pressed hard. This is so easy!  I stamped the Brush Thank You, added a bit of Snowtex, and it was done.  The Brush Thank You greeting is large enough to not get lost in this background.

Wishing you a wonderful 2019.

Hugz,

Nancy

5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow a couple of cool blizzardy village cards for sure! I love how you've splattered them, they look so cold and snowy!
Love your thank you card too! Very cool bg you made!

Sue said...

3 wonderful cards Nancy! Great job making the village look so different! Your thank you card is totally fun and easy enough that I now have no excuses :)

Shelia said...

Wow Nancy, these are gorgeous. Great job splattering snow on these. Love how you colored up the village & the trees in the back are a nice touch, too. The stamped embossing folder card is lovely. I need to try that technique.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Oh my goodness, Nancy! Your cards are fabulous.I especially love the first w/ the muted tones below & the wonderful green & blue on top. The snow texture adds a terrific look to the 2 village cards. Your embossing folder stamped bg is lovely!

Karin said...

I adore your snowy village cards...The snow looks real and adds a great texture! They're both so soft and sweet looking and perfectly paired up with the sentiments :) And the colorful embossing on your thank you card is fantastic!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP