Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Ride 'Em Cowboy

>> Thursday, August 23, 2018

Good morning!

Here are some fun cards for birthdays.
This first card is obviously for a young boy.

I did a bit of an out of the box die cutting so that his "10 gallon hat" did not get cut off.  I glued a large star button to the left top and die cut some silver double stars for the bottom right.  The corner round pieces are silver half balls.
I colored the little stick horse a bit different from the usual
 making him a dapple gray.



This next card can easily be a birthday card as well


I used a sketch that I found at SplitCoastStampers.  I stamped the cactus then
masked it and used a piece of torn paper towel to make my clouds using yellow
pink and blue inks.  I colored the cactus with the ridges after seeing 
Julie's cactus and think, "yeah, that's what they look like"! Julie
is a cactus pro!  I then masked off all the words on the word square
except Howdy Partner, inked it up and stamped it.
The background is from an embossing folder.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

What a treat these cards are, Robin. That little cowboy is precious and your fun stars are just the perfect touch. Top notch coloring really bring him to life. Your cactus card has such a great sky and I love the cloud ef. Terrific stuff here. Hugz

Sue said...

2 Amazing cards Robin!! I love the bright white backgrounds with the POP of color for the focal images! The little cowboy is just adorable and your sunset background on the cactus is fantastic!!

Karin said...

These are just so bright and fun! Your coloring is always an inspiration and both of these cards are adorable! I love all the white space, it really makes the images pop!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute are these! Love the white space & pops of red & silver on your little cowboy card. And I love the clouds on your cactus card. Great look on that. And your cactus looks perfect, lol.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP