Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Challenge #20 - Favorite Technique

>> Monday, May 4, 2009

Welcome back to Challenge #20 in the DRS Designs blog challenge series. This week we challenged the DT to create a project/card using their favorite technique. We hope this inspires you to pull out your stamps and get stamping! We would love for you to play along with us. Share your favorite technique with us...you just may introduce us to something we've never tried before! If you play along, please post a direct link to your project in the comment section of this post. If you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword DRSC20. If you play along, you'll enter yourself into a drawing for some blog candy! We don't know what the candy will be just yet...we'll put on our thinking caps on during the challenge period and you'll get a surprise in your mailbox!! Drawing will take place Sunday night, May 17, 2009. (You do not need DRS images to play, but if you have them, by all means use them!)


Check out the DT's favorite techniques below and visit their blogs for more explanation behind their techniques!

**Thanks to everyone who played along with us in our past color challenge!!! We loved seeing your creations!****

See you soon...

Cathy Indelicato/Crafty Thoughts...
Current favorite(s): sewing, detail cutting and adding dimension!


Brayering Zindorf-style is Jessica G.'s current favorite technique/ Jess' Obsession:



Vicki's favorite techniques are distressing and double background Poppin' Pastels
tutorial can viewed on Stamped Smiles blog:

Dawn Knight at Dawns Rubber Room: Fave Techniques are FUN FOLDS, COLORING, and CUTTING







Jennifer's Favorites are Gamsol Magic, & Layering while using sketch challenges for layouts, ribbon and metal embellishments.



Heather's favorite techniques are omitting, coloring with markers and detail cutting/adding dimension.

Sue - DRS Designs - My favorite technique is Embossed Sparkling Enameling (yes, I make this stuff up as I go along :) which is hard to see in a photo, but very cool in person. Check out my Saturday post for another card and directions!

Sort of along the same lines as Sue, DawnMercedes has dipped the entire stamped layer into clear embossing powder for a slick look. (Glad Sue named it...b/c I didn't have a name for it!)



Deb chose to color her image with prismas and gamsol, and to add some paper tole, popping some of the design up on dimensionals.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous projects girls and such lovely techniques you've all used!! Such fun ideas!! :)

Jessica G. said...

Great cards! Isn't it amazing how many fun techniques are out there?? And my hat's off to you talented ladies who actually create your own new techniques!!

Cathy Rulli said...

Great projects ladies!!!

Deb said...

I love all these fabulous ideas! Amazing cards, girlfriends! I have to say to Dawn Knight that I'm impressed that cutting is your favorite technique! I cut out 8 fish for an ATC swap yesterday and was almost nuts by time I finished...so I admire you! *grin*

Sue said...

Another wonderful batch ladies! Some super ides out there!
I'm with Deb though, I'd go crazy doing all that cutting :)

Dawn said...

Girls... you all really rocked this challenge and I love the techniques that y'all used! great job...

as far as the cutting thing... it makes me focus on ONE THING and I cannot let any of the little bothersome things creep in... so I get into the ZONE!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

GREAT cards from everyone! (Cathy, that little boat full of animals ROCKS!!!)

Here's my card uploaded to Paper Craft Planet... http://www.papercraftplanet.com/photo/drs-favorite-technique?context=user

Thanks for getting me out of a rut and doing some techie-stamping for a change! I'm so happy with how this turned out!

Mandy said...

This was a fun challenge...here is a link to my card:

http://mandyspaperplayground.blogspot.com/2009/05/walk-on-wild-side.html

Vicki S said...

Awesome job again ladies! Since following the DRS blog I have really learned some fun stuff. I have to say my favorite techniques are to use brads and ribbon. Here's my card http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2097647910076660255rmnzWm

raindropecho said...

Wonderful job on all the cards; everyone is so talented! My favorite technique is embossing, both dry and heat embossing. You can find my card here:

http://raindropechodesigns.blogspot.com/2009/05/4-challenges-one-card.html

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP