Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

SAY WHAT???

>> Tuesday, February 10, 2009

By: Dawn Knight


We had a challenge here, Challenge 6, that was to use a sentiment as a focal point. I thought that was a wonderful idea because that is why you send someone a card...to SAY SOMETHING, RIGHT!!! DRS Designs has wonderful sentiments and I wanted to show you a few of them.

For my first card... I tried to make it simple... something for a man, because that is an area that I struggle with...masculine cards. I used a new background stamp and a wonderful sentiment that would work for any man on your birthday list! I sponged the edges and then I tied a ribbon for a little texture. The stamps used in this card are
H369 and G483
For this next card... I did another card for a man. I used
several of the new background stamps here and another sentiment that I thought would work well for a man as well. I sponged the edges of the blue square and the brown circle to add depth and then did the background stamps.
The background stamps are awesome because it
makes a plain piece of paper into designer paper
that YOU design! I chose the brown and blue paper because they felt manly to me!!! I love the way this turned out and this sentiment is one of my favorites! The stamps I used for this card are H366,H363 and F139.
For my last card... I did one for the ladies... more my comfort zone... but I still kept the focal point this beautiful sentiment. I used another background stamp first on the pink paper and sponged the edges for depth. Then i used my cuttlebug on the brown paper for more texture. I punched 2 holes for the faux bow and used this fun pink polka dot ribbon. I stamped the sentiment, matted it on pink paper and popped it up with pop dots. I did paint some Shimmerz on the raised section on the cuttlebugged paper for some
extra sparkle.The stamps I used on this card are G323 and H628.
So that is it for my card showcase today. Please take a look at the DRS sentiments section to see what wonderful sentiments they have... everything from serious to sweet and funny to fancy... and there is a sentiment for EVERY person in your life! Have a great day, and remember to say it with a card!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Dawn!! These are all wonderful!! What a great way to show off those background images and they are wonderful masculine cards!! I can never have enough of these! :) TFS!

Jessica G. said...

You are fast, friend -- already showcasing the newest BG stamps! With these wonderful sentiments, what else do you need but a little background decoration?? Great job!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP