Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Same... But DIFFERENT!!!

>> Thursday, January 22, 2009

BY: Dawn Knight
Well Happy Thursday everyone! I want to show you my 2 "Same but Different" cards. I used the same thing on bot of these cards. The AWESOME butterfly stamps from DRS Designs,the branch from DRS, Vellum Cardstock,(CS) black CS,copic markers and orange gems. Oh yea... my new nesties that I got for Christmas! For the Spring Card, I cut the black and white CS at the same time with the nestie. Then I embossed the butterfly in black on vellum CS. This type of CS is heavier than regular vellum and easier to heat emboss on... but it still allows light to pass through it. I colored the butterfly on the reverse side of the vellum and then adhered it between
the white and the black CS. I stamped
the smaller butterflies in black ink on regular CS and colored them. The sentiment, the leaves and the sponging around the black square in front is all done in silver pigment ink.This card will fold flat and mail in a square envelope. When it is removed from the envelope... it springs up!
For the next card, I did the same thing... BUT DIFFERENT!(are ya seeing a pattern?LOL) I cut the "holes" in the black and white CS at the same time. I stamped and embossed the butterflies and colored them on the back the same way I did for the top card and then I adhered them between the black and white CS. I stamped the sentiment and the branches in silver pigment ink as well. I added the orange gems to the corners and here is card number 2. It is really pretty when you hold it up to the light and the colors light up! So i hope I was able to show you all how to use the same things... but in DIFFERENT ways! Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Janette said...

these are both beautiful Dawn! I love your use of the vellum

Jessica G. said...

Very pretty,Dawn! I really like this butterfly on vellum and the two cards may be different, but both are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous butterfly creations!! So pretty! TFS!

Sue said...

Cool idea! I don't think I've ever seen anything like them!

Etha said...

Oh I really like this butterfly embossed on vellum, how neat! What a great way to show so very different results with the same supplies, love that!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP