Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

It's A Golden Birthday!

>> Friday, January 30, 2009

I challenged one of my friends this week to create a card with a "Precious Metals" theme. This meant that our cards had to be made mostly of Gold, Silver, Bronze, or Copper colors, and as the theme title implies, it also had to include a metal embellishment on it.


Here's my Golden Birthday Card made for this challenge!




Just for clarification, I'm calling it a "Golden Birthday" as in "there is a lot of gold on this card," and not necessarily meaning that it's for someone's 50th Birthday--however it could! :-)


If you look closely at this sentiment, there are little stars for the "dots" on each of the letter I's. I dabbed them with Golden Rod Stickles, and then chose to decorate my card using star eyelets in red to match the color scheme and sentiment on this card.




I loved the way this card turned out! This card is even more unique for me because I rarely use Designer paper--I have a hard time "making it work!" Plus, with all of the background stamps I have from DRS Designs I've gotten into the habit of making my own lately as well. To be honest, I'd rather make my own designer paper--you have more control over where to place your stamped background images and you have control over color choices too! Have you ever found a sheet of patterned paper you really like, but wished it was a different color scheme? I can't even count the number of times that has happened to me, especially with Scrapbooking! If you're curious as to what Background stamps I'm talking about, you can see all ones offered by DRS Designs by clicking here.



Stamps: DRS Designs- Birthday Sparkle Accessories Greeting
Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Cranberry
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts, Designer paper by The Paper Company
Accessories: Star Eyelets by Oriental trading Company, Fiskars Treading Water Punch, Golden Rod Stickles, 3D-Dots

Finished Card Size: 5 5/8" x 4.5"



Just a reminder that DRS Designs is holding another Blog Candy offer! Click over to this post and leave a comment telling us what your favorite DRS Designs image is. You'll be entered to win a roll of 2 sided adhesive. You can read more about this adhesive on that post as well. So why not enter the drawing? I know we can all use a little "free" adhesive! You have until Sunday evening, Feb 8th to be entered into the drawing.



Hope you all have a Fabulous weekend!


Smiles,
Jennifer


4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

The touches of gold are such a fun accent and the sentiment is the perfect one for a golden birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully sparkled card!! I love this!! :)

Sue said...

Wow! Cool Colors, a different sentiment and it would be great for the Chinese New Years too!

Janette said...

this is beautiful Jennifer!! I actually really love the gold dp you used

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP