Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

If the Birthday Fits....

>> Saturday, January 10, 2009

by Sue W.

Welcome to another Saturday morning post!
Have you ever had a stamp that didn't quite work the way you hoped? and no matter what you tried it always just came out okay? So eventually you just set it aside and forgot about it? but every now and again you'd see it and think "Gee, I should try again!" That has been my problem with P689 since the beginning. I've always loved the image, but just couldn't get it right - till now.
Here are all the stamps I used for my card ~


and here's the card ~

It was all so simple when it came together. I stamped the large birthday in black pigment (and embossed it of course!) and simply colored it using bic markers. I added a couple of layers, and then got to work on the background. Which was easy since all I did was stamp the dot background side by side in rows starting at the bottom of my card. I used versamark and clear embossing powder. Then I inked up just the words I needed of F212 using turquoise dye in and stamped in the 2 corners. After taping it all together I stamped F1105 on the inside ~ I loved that the inside saying not only fits but is in the same typestyle. I added a little bling flower that I had picked up at Joanne's ($1.00 for about 30) and a silver metal stud (from Hobby Lobby or Joanne's), and I'm finally happy with this stamp!
Just a note ~ with the popularity of gift cards, money holder cards are a little behind the times, but every now and again they come in handy, and this card is easily converted into a money holder!
If you ever have a problem coming up the the perfect card with one of DRS Designs images, send us a note and myself or one of our Design Team will try to help!
Happy Stamping!
Sue

4 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

Wow! That looks great!

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully colored creation Sue!! Love those dots for sure!! :) I'm always looking for birthday ideas! TFS! :)

Janette said...

such a fun birthday card Sue! love that stamp too and the colors are great

Jessica G. said...

Great idea! I love multi-purposing my stamps and this idea has SO many possibilities! Fun card; it's cheery enough to almost make me think that my birthdays are no longer so much fun!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP