Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

From the Kitchen to the Craft Room

>> Saturday, December 20, 2008

by Sue

Welcome! Is everyone ready for the big day?? I started my Christmas baking on Wednesday for all of my out of town friends. On Thursday when I had to start thinking about todays post, the two seemed to come together. Of course the end result is absolutely nothing like what I was going to do, but I'm happy with how my bread basket came out (I'll call it a bread basket for lack of a better name!)


The actual "basket" is made from a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock. I scored the paper on all the solid lines shown in the picture below. I cut the paper where the X's are. Once my paper was scored, cut, and pre-folded it was time for the fun part! I stamped inside and out using our new 4 in 1 snowflake (D096) using Vivid Turquoise ink. I also used a decorative corner punch. A couple of pieces of 2 sided tape to holds it all together.

Then I got to work stamping the Homemade Just for You stamp (DRS G874) on white card stock using black pigment ink and clear embossed it. I colored it using the new Bic color markers, layered it with the green, white and blue papers and adhered it to my "basket". I added some snowflakes punched out of white, bright blue and holographic papers and a bright red ribbon.



Hope I'm doing okay with all this blogging stuff :) Let me know if I'm giving too much detail or not enough! Sorry the pictures aren't clearer, I'll keep trying!

Merry Christmas

4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Cute AND yummy -- my kind of Christmas gift! Thanks for providing the template, too.

Anonymous said...

Adorable gift set Sue!! so Yummy!! :) TFS!

Cathy Rulli said...

Awesome!!! Your post is perfect!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the details you provide to people like me who are not as good as you to achieve something really nice. At the end I might come with something completely different or very close depending on the stuff I got at home or the way I feel. But anywhow the templates and the details you give put my imagination at work. That's precisely what I need.

Thank you again

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP