Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

a little non-candy treat

>> Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Here is a surprisingly quick to make treat, I think young and old kids will enjoy getting one of these. I started with stamping the Spooky Eyes Background onto black card stock with versamark, then embossed with white. Stamped the Happy Girl Ghost on white card stock and cut her out to glue onto the black. Cut the black into a circle to fit into a metal wedding favor tin:


halloween tin

I covered the whole circle with versamark ink and heat embossed it with polysparkle (Ranger) powder. Now lets see what's inside!

favor tin

A little puzzle! I made the puzzle with a spellbinder's die, but for trick or treaters under 48 I would suggest one of those ready made puzzle cards from JoAnne's, they would be a bit easier to put together. Several companies make puzzle dies in different patterns. I simply stamped my message and images on card stock, colored them, then brayered with versamark and again embossed the whole surface with polysparkle powder before cutting the puzzle.


I hope you enjoy my non-candy favor. Too bad we don't have ANY trick or treaters out here, unless you count the young bear who comes to raid my compost....

8 comments:

Heather said...

Etha, this is awesome! I would have never thought of doing that! What a perfect little treat! Great job!

Angel said...

oh, so cute!! great idea!!

Cathy Rulli said...

What a fun idea!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable!! Totally love this idea!! :)

Jessica G. said...

What a fun idea! My girls would love getting a puzzle and it would be a nice rest from the sugary side of Halloween!

Heather said...

Oh that is darling! A pre-schooler would love a little gift like that. Very cute!

Jennifer E. said...

I love your "diet" Halloween treat! WOW! You really had your thinking cap on for this one! What a great idea!

Janette said...

this is such a cute creative idea Etha!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP