Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Pearl-Ex and Primas and Polka Dots!

>> Thursday, September 4, 2008



Well... that about sums it up! I NEEDED some color in my day and I will say that is JUST WHAT I GOT!


I knew I was gonna use this stamp from DRS designs to make a bold,bright fun card... so I put my thinking cap on and here it is!


I dug out the Pearl-Ex,versamark ink, some brightly colored paper and just had a hey day! I cut the pink and green cardstock with my Nestabilities and for the yellow and the black cardstock, I just used my cutter. I stamped versamark ink on the green triangles, the black background cardstock and the butterfly image. Then I took some Q- tips and Pearl-Ex and just started adding color by swirling onto where the versamark was stamped. When I was done adding the color, I used a Swiffer sheet to wipe away the excess Pearl-Ex. (... and YOU thought they were just for cleaning! My hubbie thinks I am cleaning because we go through so many of them...)


To get the tri-color look for the butterfly , I started in the center with the yellow, added the pink and then put the green on the outside. I got out my white gel pen and added the dots all over the scallops. I used a glitter pen for the corners...gotta have my bling! For the last added touch, I layered 3 primas in matching colors, put a fun brad in the center and adhered it to the card! This was just so summery and fun for me! I love the Pearl-Ex shimmer and the bold design of the butterfly really shows it off well.


I hope this added some color to your day...so go forth and be shimmery!

6 comments:

Cathy Rulli said...

Very pretty! tfs!

Jessica G. said...

This butterfly is perfect for the Pearl-Ex technique! So bright and cheery!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty design!! :)

Janette said...

very pretty Dawn and a great tip about the swiffer!

Jennifer E. said...

Love the variety of colors on that butterfly! This is one I'd love to see in person!

Etha said...

Oh what funky color fun!! the pearl ex looks so good on the dark card stock, wonderful color combos!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP