Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Stamping AND Sewing!

>> Thursday, August 7, 2008


I love this flower image from DRS Designs! To me... it looked like stitching... so I went to the craft room for some inspiration! I uses bright Copic markers in pinks,greens and oranges to color the image. Then I cut bits of ribbon and sandwiched it between the pink and the orange cardstock and went to the sewing machine! I stitched the ribbon in place with bright green thread and mounted it on the front of the card. To finish off the flower, I HAD to use a button... to continue my theme! On the flower petals, i highlighted the colors with the colorless blender from Copic and used a glitter pen to dot the petals and the leaves for a little added sparkle. I really encourage you to check out
DRS Designs for some really wonderful stamps and some great ideas from all of the other talented stampers! Thanks for looking and have a great day!

7 comments:

Cathy Rulli said...

Great job on this Dawn!!! Vry creative!!!

Etha said...

oh wow that is fabulous! love all the funky ribbons and the sewing, and yes, it fits so well with the flower image, fabulous job!

Nancy said...

Awesome card, Dawn...love the ribbon scraps!!

Angel said...

so fun! sure to brighten anyone's day!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is just wonderful!! I realy love all the ribbons with the sewing!! So CUTE! :)

Jessica G. said...

What a great way to showcase a large and use up ribbon scraps in the process!

Janette said...

terrific Dawn- so bright and fun!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP