Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Lovely little ladybugs

>> Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hi everyone! Today is my turn to share some projects with you. Before I get started however, I want to wish my oldest daughter Rachel a very happy birthday! Today my baby girl is 12 years old. She is so excited because she is 12 on the 12th LOL. So that is the inspiration behind 2 of my cards today.

I have 3 cards to show you for today and I chose a ladybug theme. If you have not seen them in our catalog yet, be sure to check them out because they are absolutely adorable! The ladybug stamps I used are F578 and G695 and you can see them by searching our store website. All of my cards use the annivervsary sketches from Julee Tillman. I just love her sketches and they worked really well for the cards I am about to show you.

The first card is a birthday card in honor of Rachel...check it out:



I colored my ladybug with my prismacolor markers and then used my spica glitter pen on the black spots. I used my paper piercer to highlight the corners of the image and along the edge of my black strip. I stamped the background and used the ticket corner punch.

Supplies:
stamps- DRS designs H628, B250, F578
CS- real red, black, white from SU
accessories- striped grosgrain, brads, paper piercer, cuttlebug, spica glitter pen


My next 2 cards use the stamp stamp but in different ways. This one uses the stamp in the traditional way.


I colored my image with my prismacolor markers and used crystal effects on the black ladybug spots.

Supplies:
stamps- DRS designs G695, 070
CS- bazzill bling, black, real red SU
accessories- CM circle punches, shimmer brad, black brads, square punch CM


The last card is the one I made for our inchie challenge. I used the same stamp as in the last card but I used a black marker to color only one of the ladybugs in the stamp and stamped my image. I also used crystal effects on the ladybugs for this card. I highlighted the word red with my red marker in my sentiment stamp and used my marvy corner punch to highlight the corners and added rhinestones to them. Take a peek:



Supplies:
stamps- DRS designs G576, G695
CS- black, real red, white SU
accessories- Martha Stewart border punch, marvy corner punch, clear rhinestones, prismamarkers, crystal effects, striped grosgrain


I hope you have enjoyed my projects and have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Cathy Rulli said...

Love the ladybugs!! Happy birthday to your daughter!!! Mine turns 12 on Sunday - yikes!!!

Jennifer E. said...

Great job with these cards Janette! I love how you have used the stamps so creatively!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ladybugs! These cards are adorable!!

Jessica G. said...

Fun cards! I also have a 12 year old daughter and she loves the ladybugs almost as much as I do!

MaryNSC said...

these are so CUTEEEEEEE
Thanks Jen for telling about this place..

Etha said...

Oh wow I love all your ladybug cards! My favorite is the center one, the way you colored the bugs and the sketch are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Great ladybug cards!! Happy B-Day to your daughter!! :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP