Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hula Birthday

>> Friday, June 18, 2021

 by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!

I hope your week has gone well! The weather has been pretty nice here the last few days. We had a cool front so the temps overnight have been in the 50's & highs in the low 80's. And low humidity, which is the most important thing. But there's a tropical thing trying to get its act together & we're supposed to have a ton of rain on Sunday. 

My birthday card today was fairly easy. I die cut the Happy Birthday ring & a large circle to go behind it. Then I stamped Miss Hula Piggy & colored her & enough of the bg around her to show thru the bday ring. The palm tree border was stamped across the bottom using the oxide ink & I couldn't find a blue paper the same color so I used a Copic marker to color that bg layer the same color. If you do this, don't go crazy & color the whole piece of paper..I only did the outer section that would show. 

Here's the inside, where I put 2 greetings together & added more palm trees. Below it are the Copics I used.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Distress oxide Salty Ocean

5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

This is so super cute Julie! I love how hula Leonard fits in your cute birthday die cut so perfectly and the color just reminds me of some tropical island sea!
Love it!

Samantha said...

What a fun, bright card Julie! Love the blue and Hula Pig looks terrific spotlighted like that!

nwilliams6 said...

Great stage for Hula Leonard, Julie. Fun colors and super fun card. Super ideas here. Hugz

Lisa said...

Oh how fun is this card Julie! I love that image and I love the stunning blue and white on this card. Such a fun cute card.

Karin said...

I love how the colorful hula piggy just pops! The simple blue and white color combo is so sharp too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP