Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Best Fishes

>> Monday, June 21, 2021

 

One of my favorite backgrounds to do on a card is to clear heat emboss on black cardstock. It adds the image but gives the illusion of a clean and simple card since it is just tone on tone.


For this card I clear heat embossed the SCHOOL OF FISH - 1038E on black card stock. Then I stamped the SILHOUETTE FISHERMEN - 663G and BEST FISHES HOOK - 597F. While the images were in the die cut I added some blue sponging. I then added a bit of copic coloring to the Best FIshes Hook image.

The images were pupped up on dimensionals to finish off the card.

Thank you for stopping by to check out my card this week.

5 comments:

Karin said...

The embossing on the black background is so striking! Love, love, LOVE the look and the soft sponging one the die cuts too. Fantastic card!

Robin Clendenning said...

Your fish bg is so cool! I love the black on black design, so non intrusive so of speak, lets your main imagine take center stage! Great card!

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely and elegant background, Lisa - I need to do that more so thanks for the inspiration. Love the soft glow around the fishermen - a beautiful card and great sketch! Hugz

Samantha said...

I love that kind of background too and this one is awesome! Those die cut circles look pretty cool too. They kind of look like bubbles to me :) Terrific card, Lisa!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So wonderful, Lisa! Love the embossed fish on the bg. Super card for that fisherman.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP