Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Only ❤️ Eyes

>> Friday, February 7, 2020

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Only 1 more week until Valentine's Day! I wanted to make one for hubs that wasn't too squishy..you know how guys are w/ frills & frou-frou stuff. It's also kind of ironic since I have had so much trouble  (& continue to have) w/ my eyes this past half year. I'm sure he'll get the irony. 

I used some eyeglass dies to cut out the 3 pair of glasses on the front, then cut the glasses again out of pink & red.  A plastic sleeve was attached behind the cutouts & I added heart confetti I made using several little heart punches inside the sleeve in the open areas. I used a Fuse tool to seal the sleeve all around the eyeglasses on the back side. Pretty quick & easy! It's also what I refer to as a flat shaker. The cardstock I used was little heavier but it's not elevated above what can be mailed w/ single stamp. 
Here's the inside. For the borders down the sides, I inked one row of the hearts w/ a red maker & stamped it.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Only Have Eyes  (inside: Loved You Yesterday1 Line Valentine’s DayHeart Drops)
paper:  Staples 110# white, red,  pink, Recollections Heavy white, 
ink:  Memento tuxedo black
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch dies, TE Spectacles dies, heart punches, Fuse tool



5 comments:

Sue said...

What a fun card Julie! So creative! Love how you created the "glass" parts with the hearts. Not quite sure what a fuse tool is, so I'll have to do some research. Love how you did the borders on the inside as well!!

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my gosh, Julie, I love those glasses!!!! Super fun card and really great idea. Wish I had made it! Hugz and Happy Valentine's Week!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh those glasses are so cute! What a fun shaker card for Valentine's Day!

Shelia said...

Those die cut glasses are too fun! This made me chuckle!

Karin said...

This is so cute and fun! The shaker aspect is so creative and I love the punny sentiment :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP