Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Butterfly Butterfly

>> Tuesday, November 4, 2008

posted by Janette

I have this song in my head and it won't go away. My daughter enjoys Barney and there is a song that starts off butterfly butterfly fly fly away. Anyway, I was originally planning on posting a different card today but since I have felt cruddy with a cold the past few days it is just not quite done so I will post it next time. Besides I have a card that I have been really excited to show you!

A few weeks ago the DT members were given a challenge should we choose to accept it. We were given this great butterfly stamp and the only thing we had to do was make a card with it- pretty simple right? Well for me it was because I really like the stamp. The only difficulty was deciding what colors I wanted to use. I hope that it is ok to be posting this but I did see it added to the site so I am assuming it is but if this post suddenly disappears and there is a new one you will know why LOL.



I really liked how this card turned and could not wait to be able to share it with everyone. I stamped my main butterfly image with versamark ink, sponged it with chalks and then added stickles. I also stamped my butterfly image in blue to make some bg paper. I stamped it 4 times in the corners and voila bg paper- pretty cool huh? I stitched the first layer onto my card base then added my next 2 square layers before tying my ribbon around the middle and adding brads to the corners. I finished the card by adding my main image with pop dots.

Supplies:
stamps- DRS designs H056
CS- SU bashful blue, lavender lace, white
ink- versamark, bashful blue
accessories- square nestabilities, paper piercer, stampin pastels, stardust stickles, sewing machine, ribbon, square parts shimmer brads


Have a wonderful Tuesday and thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Heather said...

I think this is absolutely beautiful. Great job!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous! I really like this soft, elegant color combo and what a great idea to use the stamp for the background pattern, too!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is a stunner!! Love it, so beautiful!! ;)

Sue Strozyk said...

Okay, this is just too beautiful!! LOVE it!!

Dawn said...

Really really pretty Janette! your talent and eye for color and design just amaze me!

Jami said...

Love the different color and all the sparkle on the butterfly. So creative to stamp it as bg paper too!! Beautiful!
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

I've been sitting mouth opened for a while. Your card is so "merveilleuse", breathtaking. In 3 words I LOVE IT

Jennifer E. said...

Janette, this is such a beautiful card! Congrats on your winnings, you deserve it! Enjoy your new stamps!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP