Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Fall Sunset on the Water

>> Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Hello Crafty Friends.



The sun is setting super early around here - that is my least favorite thing about fall.  One of my favorite things about fall is the scenery - wonderful leaves, pretty sunsets, and beautiful colors.  Today, I have a sunset on the water.  It could fit in other seasons, but I tried to add a bit more brown to it all to get it to fit fall more.

I was inspired by THIS beautiful card by Manetta.  I started by painting my sun, sky and water with Daniel Smith Watercolors.  Then I stamped the Long Tall Cattails. I colored them in with watercolors and a touch of white gel pen.  Then I added in some white highlights to the water and sun with white ink.  To finish it all off, I stamped the Large Happy Fall Y'all. 

Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Hugz

Nancy


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Nancy, this is spectacular! I love your water colored scene. Oh how I wish I was standing along the cattails looking at that sun. So gorgeous!

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGoodness, you are always so creative!! Love your sunset on the lake with the cattails/reeds in the foreground!
This is just beautiful Nancy!

Karin said...

This is beautiful! What a lovely, serene fall scene and I love the cattails in the foreground! Simply stunning card!

Sue said...

What an incredible sunset Nancy! So impressive how you have the yellow reflections on the water. I love the contrast with the black of the cat tails and the greeting!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP