Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Christmas Ornaments in July

>> Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Hello Crafty Friends.  I always love a bit of Christmas in July - can you believe we are over halfway to Christmas now?



I got the idea for this card after looking at THIS picture and THIS card.  I loved the idea of a plaid poinsettia and having folliage in the background.  

To make the flower, I used a stencil and some black ink to make the plaid, stamped the GIANT POINSETTIA image twice, fussy cut it, glued some Dazzling Diamonds (SU!) to the edges, and then added some crystal beads covered in gold glitter to the middle.  I sponged over the background after embossing with Pine ink from Close to My Heart and set the poinsettia on a label die cut decorated with Gold Stickles.  My grandson said it needed something in the "bare" spots so I stamped the TRIPLE HANGING CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS and used one on the left and the hanger from one on my punched circle I had laying on my counter.  Both were outlined in Gold Stickles. To finish it all off, I used part of the MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL greeting (I love the font on that stamp). 

Now I have one more Christmas card done!

Hope you are having a lovely week.

Hugz

Nancy



3 comments:

Lisa said...

Great emboss folder and super stunning layered poinsettia. Love the addition of the ornaments. Yes, time for Christmas in July cards. I need to get a few made myself.

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh, I love this card! Beautiful bg Nancy! So gorgeous and I love your poinsettia!

Karin said...

Your poinsettia is beautiful and I love all the glittery edges you added to everything! I adore a Christmas card in July...Not tired of seeing them or of making them yet ;-)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP