Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Another Year

>> Thursday, May 26, 2022

 Good morning!

Today I've used this beautiful Filigree Butterfly again on my first card.  I thought it went well with the sentiment Another Year Flies By.  


 I was also experimenting with some Yupo paper and alcohol inks and really liked
the results so I used a couple of strips in this card layout.  The background is
from a new (to me) embossing folder from Spellbinders.
I used a reddish purple clipiola and 3 medium brads to finish it off.

My second card features the beautiful Medium Daisy Bloom done both as an embossed resist 
for a background panel and as a main image.
I also used the new Special Birthday Wishes as the sentiment.


I used 3 acrylic sparkle dots on the little side tabs.  For the resist background I embossed with clear powder then sponged Distress Mustard Seed ink on and wiped off the excess.  I also did some light sponging around the main image panel with some Mustard Seed.
Thanks for visiting today, go get crafty!

Robin

4 comments:

Sue said...

2 Gorgeous cards Robin!! Both so bright and colorful - in totally different ways. You are totally rocking that butterfly and I hope you keep it up :) Both of your backgrounds are amazing too! Your swirly purple/pink combo is beautiful and I wish I could see more of the resist background on the daisy card while at the same time thinking it's perfect just the way it is.

Lisa said...

Robin I love both of these cards. They are both so happy and cheerful. The purple card is wonderful with that new butterfly and the daisy card is just so happy in yellow and a great layout too.

I am in awe of your talent and creativity sweet friend!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful! Great colors on the first (love the EF and the Yupo panels too). The second is an amazing use of the daisy - a wow card for sure, Robin. Hugz

Karin said...

I love the bright, beautiful colors on your cards today. The purples are beautiful, especially the inked papers you made along with the coloring on your butterfly! And the daisy layout is fantastic! Love the way the plain blue makes everything else pop!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP