Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

A Friendly Note and Father’s Day

>> Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of cards to share today, one for a friend and one for the dads.

I chose the Happy Mail image to pair up with the new Friendly Note Greeting, because the flower is cute and friendly!  The image comes with the words thinking of you on it, so I just masked them off, inked up the stamp and then removed the tape before stamping it, so that only the image remained. 

The card base and the yellow layer were stamped using the Puff Circle, and the orange layer was dry embossed.  My die cut grass was stamped using the Easy Grass Background and it was attached at the end of assembly along with the greeting.



This one is for all the golfing dads out there, and that includes mine!  

The background was made using an embossing folder and the Everything Golf Background.  I covered up the seam between the two papers with a strip of black cardstock and embellished it with a couple of metal brads.  I used the Especially Fore You Greeting and attached it to the card base.  For the image, I stamped and heat embossed the Silhouette Male Golfer, and used some post it notes to mask off the background, as I added ink to create the grass and sunrise.




Thanks for visiting the blog and visit DRS Designs for all of these stamps and more! 

 For those celebrating, have a happy Father's Day!  And for those who are missing someone, may the day land gently for you.  

Hugs,
Karin



5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the rainbow sherbet look of the colors on your first card, so pretty for summer and what a cute image to use with them! Love the embossing too! Your second card is so perfect for Father's Day on Sunday and I love those colors too! Love the dot embossing in reverse, looks just like a golf ball!

Samantha said...

These are two fun and colorful cards, Karin! The mailbox card is just delightful and I love the muted tones of the golf card!

Lisa said...

Karen these cards are great! I love that little mail box getting mail from that cute flower and what a wonderful spring feel to the colors you used too.

That golf card is fantastic and I love the soft colors you used on it as well. Two wonderful cards.

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, two great cards. Love the cute mailbox card with super grass die cut. The golf card colors are wonderful. Love them both. Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute, Karin! Love the colors on your mailbox card. So pretty & the texture is wonderful. Your golfer card is terrific & I love the backside of the dots embossing..it really looks like a golf ball.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP