Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Best Fishes!

>> Thursday, May 13, 2021

Good morning!
I have more Father's Day type cards today or
fun birthday cards for the guys, either way.
This first card uses the new Best Fishes! and 1 of my old favorites,
this googly eyed Big Mouth Bass.
I used an old sketch from my stash and grunged it up with a bit of Frayed Burlap
Distress ink.  The image panel was run through the die cutting machine with a wave
embossing folder.


My next card features the new Silhouette Fishermen and the same wave folder along with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink refill splattering.  The sentiment fishing sign, Fishing Rules was done on Kraft then colored and sponged with Walnut Ink.  My background Kraft piece was embossed with a nuts and bolts/gears type embossing folder from Cuttlebug.  I sponged over the top with some white. 
I added some Tea Stain dyed gauze to the card before adding the Fishing Rules sign.

I also sponged around the edges of the card base with Frayed Burlap Distress.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

 

6 comments:

Shelia said...

These are fabulous masculine cards, Robin. The layouts on both cards are perfect for these images and that wave embossing folder is perfect too! Great cards!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful masculine card, Robin! The distressing & gauze look so good on your second one. The layout is terrific w/ the peanuts & twine. Gonna be some happy dads this year!

Samantha said...

Two super cards, Robin! I'm drawn to the blue/brown contrast of the first one (I love that big mouth bass too!) and it's such a fun layout. Your second card is very cool with the gauze accent. Nice job!

nwilliams6 said...

Great texture and sketches on these, Robin. Both are really well done and super examples of fun Father's Day cards. The gauze is my favorite - really makes your sign stand point Super embossing too. GREAT cards. Hugz

Lisa said...

Great layout on your fish card Robin and the addition of the cheese cloth is perfect on the second card. Both are just beautiful.

Karin said...

I love the wavy texture on top of the glittery fish on your first card, and the gauzy netting on your second card gives that interesting texture too! Super cards!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP