Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Santa Chimney

>> Friday, November 6, 2020

  by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Wow! November already. This year is almost over. Doesn't seem possible, does it? 

My card today is the result of an idea that's been roaming around in my head for a while & it finally all came together. I don't know if y'all remember but when this Santa image came out, I made a card & had to color the scene twice because some of it was ruined.( Here's that post. ) Anyway, I think Sue mentioned she thought it would show up in another card. Turns out she was right! I was able to salvage the lower half of Santa & his bag of toys, which I fussy cut. The fireplace was die cut & I used a brick stencil on it. The rest of the brick wall, was stamped, sponged & a few Copics were used to help color in the bricks. 
I elevated the fireplace in order to place Santa inside it then attached the brick wall behind it. The lower half of the brick (inside the fireplace) was sponged w/ darker inks to make it fade into the background. I also fussy cut Santa's hat & added it just above the greeting.

Here are the Copics I used. (As for the ones on Santa, you'll probably have to look at the original post.) Below it is the inside. 
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Distress inks fired brick, barn door, black soot, antique linen
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch,  Fire PlaceChristmas Mini dies, brick wall stencil, Copic markers

6 comments:

Sue said...

Who knew I could predict the future?

What a fun card today Julie! Your chimney scene is just adorable and so creative! The coloring on Santa is incredible and I'm so glad you were able to salvage at least part of it! Amazing what you can do with something I would have thrown out years ago!

Shelia said...

What a great Santa card, Julie. He looks so real coming down that fabulous chimney! Way to salvage that image from before! I’m with Sue. I’d have thrown it out, but you have turned it into something adorable!

Robin Clendenning said...

You've done it again Julie! WOW! Knock my socks off creativity!! LOVE the Santa coming down the chimney and your bricks, amazing! They look like the real thing the way you colored them!!
Love the hat at the bottom with the sentiment too! Just totally brilliant and wonderful coloring!

Lisa said...

Julie this is so adorable! Great chimney, super fun scene with the Santa hanging out of the chimney and gorgeous coloring too.

nwilliams6 said...

Knocked my socks too. Wow. What a fab idea! I LOVE IT!!!!! Your coloring is fabulous and the idea here is truly wonderful. Hugz

Karin said...

I dub you Queen of Cards today...This is beyond magnificent! This is so clever and I love the way you colored the brick! The Santa, the candles, the sentiment, just everything is a complete WOW!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP