Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

The Beauty of the Seasons

>> Wednesday, October 21, 2020

 

Hello Crafty Friends!

I just love this new Beauty of the Season Greeting stamp (available in the store soon).  It is bit larger in size and could work for all seasons and several holidays.  I used it on a Fall and a Christmas card today.


On my first card, I started by sponging my main panel with Tim Holtz Distressed Oxide Ink in Spiced Marmalade.  Then I stamped on the DRS Script Font Background in Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink which I then rubbed all around the edges as well. 

I colored up a sheet of white paper with some watercolors and then stamped the Open Leaf and The Trio of Flowers.  I fussy cut them and added a little more ink.  Then I stamped the Beauty of the Season stamp in black ink on a scrap paper, tore off the top and sponged a bit of the Marmalade on it as well. 

Super quick and easy, and I think this new stamp makes it.  


On the next card, I stamped the Silent Night Background in black ink on my main panel.  After sponging all around, I felt it needed to be softer so I painted on some white gesso.  You can still see the music a bit and it is less distracting.  Then I sponged around the edges with Vintage Photo and painted on some gold paint.  I tried a little gesso through a cross stencil too - you can see a tiny bit of the texture around the edges.

Next, I stamped the new Beauty of the Season Greeting on watercolor paper, cut it out with a Spellbinders Oval die, and then sponged the edges with leftover ink while it was still in the die.  I edged it with a tiny bit of gold paint before popping it up on the base with foam tape.  I added in the little cardinal from the new Cardinal Holly Lantern (the full lantern is inside).  


Super quick and easy cards showcasing the new Beauty of the Season Greeting. Wonder how it would work on a Halloween card.....

Hope your week is going well.  


Hugz,



Nancy



5 comments:

Karin said...

Just like the sentiment, theses cards are total beauties! I love the subtle background and the raw edge on the sentiment, it’s perfect for the pretty fall colors! The touches of gold on the second are so gorgeous too!

Shelia said...

Great use of this new greeting! It looks great with the fall leaves & sunflower! Adding that tiny cardinal to the second card is so clever! Beautiful cards, Nancy!

Sue said...

These are both beautiful cards Nancy! It's great how you showcased the different season's! Love how you kept both relatively simple with just enough background to make them interesting and a pop of color for the focal image.

Lisa said...

Two great cards using that Beauty of the Season sentiment Nancy and one for Fall and One for winter is fantastic!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful, Nancy! I never thought about using that greeting for a fall card, but it works. Your leaves & sunflower really show up against the bg. Love the little cardinal and the music bg on the second.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP