Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

>> Wednesday, October 28, 2020

 Hello crafty friends!


Don't you love when you have a crafting buddy?  My Grandson, Lewis, dropped in for some card-making fun, and we made several fun cards for him to give to his Mom plus this one for me.  I just know he is going to be a great artist because at 5 years old, he is already good with color, scissors, and ideas.  



He picked THIS fun card made by Tanya Atkisson to case and he picked out the images too.  This is what we came up with together:



He stamped the Paper Coffee Cup,  then the Interlocking Snow Background.  I cut out the cup and the heart and did a little watercoloring.  Then I used the same colors on the background with a quick wash and a bit of spatter.  I rubbed a little bit of the watercolor on the bottom of my coffee cup and stamped it down a few times too (Lewis loved that idea).  Then we stamped the Peeking Gnomes, colored them up and fussy cut them.  They were colored with watercolors as well.  

To finish it off, we stamped the new Tiny Gnome for the Holidays Greeting and punched it out with an old SU! Label Punch.  

Lewis loves coffee (milk with a shot of coffee and sugar for him) and he was totally thrilled with this card (me too).  

Hope your week is going well,

Hugz,

Nancy


6 comments:

Shelia said...

I love how you create with your grandson, Lewis. What a special bond you have with him. Beautiful background (as always) & fun card design with those gnomes all up in the coffee cup. Kind of reminds me of the elf on a shelf. You never know where he’s gonna be. Fun card & post!

Karin said...

Oh goodness, this card is just so fun and adorable! Those cute gnomes popping out of the winter themed cup are everything! Love the colors you chose and the heart embellishment!

Sue said...

What an adorable card and story :) He did a great job with with both the set up and the images - not to mention the stamping! WTG Lewis!!

I certainly wish my boys would stamp with me...kinda. It's also nice to leave them behind so I can have some peace and quiet!

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the way you used the Gnomes on this card! This is so creative Nancy and Lewis! I love the colors and splatters too.
Great going!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is wonderful, Nancy! I love your gnomes w/ the go cup. The bg is terrific & I love the snowflakes on the cup.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Nancy the Gnomes hanging out of the coffee cup is brilliant and super adorable.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP