Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Mummy Tag Trio

>> Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Hello crafty friends,

I am in a tag mood right now - seems to always hit me about this time of year.  For the set of tags I have today, I was inspired by this week's featured stamper on Splitcoaststampers.com - HERE is her tag set.  I thought I would do 6 like she did, but my backgrounds only made 3 since my tag die was larger.  

My Grandson, Patton, offered design advice all a long the way:

"Nana, use Scooby Doo colors."

"Do something to make the colors darker or scarier."

"Make the mummy scarier."  "How do I do that ,Patton?"  "His arms need to be a different direction." 

"Make a mummy that is shorter than the others, Nana." 

We had fun for the 8 minutes he was interested, and then Sponge Bob became way more interesting than my mummies.  

The backgrounds were sponged with CTMH ink, then splattered with water.  The die is an old Sizzix Tag die.  The Mummy images were fussy cut and sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I also used the Who's Your Mummy Greeting, It's a Scream Halloween Greeting, and the new Frightful and Delightful Halloween Greeting (new). For extra interest, I added in the witch from the 4 in 1 Halloween Silhouettes (new), the Spooky Tree, the Silhouette Halloween 3 and 1 Tree,(new), and the Silhouette Grave Yard.  

Here is a closer view of two of the tags:

I think these will look good on some giant candy bars or tied to some Halloween bags.

Hope your week is going well!

Hugz,

Nancy  



5 comments:

Sue said...

Wonderful tags Nancy! Patton had some great ideas! I love how you changed the arms and head on the mummy - and he helped you make the perfect backgrounds - that purple/pink combo is excellent!

Shelia said...

These are great tags, Nancy! I like the shapes of the tags & your color combo. These are perfect for treat bags or large candy bars!

Robin Clendenning said...

Your mummies are so fun! I love the way you changed the arms for expression!! Love the bgs and colors too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Love your tag trio, Nancy! Your DGS sure was a big help w/ these. So fun & colorful. As I mentioned to you, my parrots love to watch Scooby Doo.

Karin said...

These tags are wonderful little scenes! The Halloween skies look fantastic...perfect background for the mummy!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP