Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Trick Coffee

>> Friday, July 31, 2020

by Julie Warner -The Write Stuff

  Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! I don't know about you, but w/ nowhere to go, no new TV shows or movies, we're getting a little desperate here. We've pulled out the stash of DVD's we haven't seen in years. We just pick the ones that have a multitude of sequels & watch all of them. Not in one night..but however many nights it takes. We're currently on The Empire Strikes Back. That should clue you in on how far we've gone back.

I'll bet the guy who ordered this grande half-caf no foam latte at the coffee shop was pretty surprised when this ghost popped out. Trick or treat! Or maybe the ghost wanted the French Vanilla. Anyway, thank goodness for the Misti. I would have had a terrible time trying to mask this w/o it. I had to stamp most of the cup, masking off the outer rim, stamp the ghost, mask him, then stamp the back rim. For the lid, I just fussy cut it & added it afterwards.  The edges were sponged w/ the Distress inks then splattered. On the bg, I stamped the circles bg w/ shaded lilac then colored them in w/ Copics. Afterward, I went back in w/ a white Posca paint pen & added the white dots.
Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used. 
 Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!



Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Distress inks shaded lilac, wilted violet
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch dies, MISTI, Copic Sketch Markers, white Posca paint pen


4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Spooky and very cool, Julie. What a fabulous idea having the ghost come out of the coffee cup! Great masking and designing. Love the purple too. I would be running away fast if a ghost came out of my coffee!

Love the Star Wars movies too - they are still fun today.

Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

This is totally amazing! Never would have thought of it! How absolutely perfect for a fun Halloween card!! I love the combo of patterns and colors and the ghost coming out of the cup, what a hoot! you are so clever!!
Love it Julie!

Karin said...

What a fun card! I love the bright colors and the clever design! LOVE the ghost popping out...The perfect Halloween trick ;)

Shelia said...

Super cute. You totally changed the look of the interlocking circles too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP