Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Red, White & Blue Heroes 🇺🇸

>> Friday, July 3, 2020

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Nothing says summer like the 4th of July holiday! Too bad most of the usual fireworks & parades will not be held this year. Since I'm not likely to see any fireworks (unless someone nearby starts firing them off), I put some on my card.

Just recently I rec'd this new set of fireworks dies & thought they would look great w/ these soldier silhouettes. I first arranged 3 of the set like you see, & die cut them, making sure to leave enough room for the soldiers. Then I put it into my Misti & stamped them several time w/ the Paris dusk ink. After I added the greeting, I used a fine line red pen to add just a little outline to the word Hero. 
Then I had to find something to go behind the fireworks cut outs. Nothing really seemed right to me, so I sponged on some of the red & blue Distress inks then used a white Posca pen to make the white scribbles. The scattering of stars were added across the top.

Here's the inside.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend & a Happy Independence Day!


Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs: Soldier SilhouettesStarry BgYou are My Hero   (inside: USA Thanks to Our Brave )
paper: Staples 110# white
ink: Memento Paris dusk, Distress inks candy apple & blueprint sketch
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle StitchFireworks dies, Misti, white Posca paint pen


4 comments:

Shelia said...

Beautiful 4th of July card. Those fireworks dies are fantastic. They make such a great backdrop for your soldiers! Happy 4th of July, Julie!

nwilliams6 said...

I love those fireworks - what a great die!!!! This is a fab fourth of July card, Julie. Love the patriotic and festive feel. Happy 4th! Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful card for the holidays! Love the soldiers in blue and the die cut bg is amazing!

Karin said...

Wonderful patriotic military card with the perfect sentiment! Fantastic!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP