Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Mixed Media Halloween Fun

>> Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Hello crafty friends.

It is almost the end of July - how did that happen?  October is just around the corner.  We are all getting a jump on our Halloween cards with the fun new DRS Halloween images.  I was in a serious Mixed Media kick this week so both my cards are chunky and full of texture.

On this first card, I altered a playing card with crumpled tissue paper.  Then I distressed it and sprayed it with some purple Dylusions spray.  Did a cardboard background very similarly.  Layered the together to make my full base. Next I used the new Leaning Ghost images but accessorized her up with some glasses and a beach bag from the 4-in-1 Fashion Accessories.  The sentiment is the In the Accessories Greeting.

This next card is all done on regular white cardstock with layers of gesso, textured paste, black soot distress ink, crackle medium, mica powder, and some straw fibers.  The skull is fromTim Holtz, the frame is from Sizzix.  I used the new In the Spirit of Halloween for the top banner (embossed on black cardstock with copper embossing powder then rubbed on mica powder).  The Frightful tag is from the new DRS Designs Frightful and Delightful Halloween Greeting.  
One cute and one scary but both super fun to make.

Hope you week is going well!

Hugz,

Nancy

4 comments:

Shelia said...

That first card is too funny! Never thought to accessorize those ghosts , but I love it! Might be casing this one! Your second card is amazing! So many details & elements.

Robin Clendenning said...

Totally cool and awesome cards Nancy!! It has been so long since I've use a bunch of mixed media stuff!! These are fabulous!
I so LOVE your idea of using the cute accessories with the leaning ghost!! LOL! what a hoot! Now everyone will make sure their ghost are properly accessorized before showing up! Hee!
Love your molten looking skull card too, absolutely fabulous!

Karin said...

LOL! I just adore that dressed up ghost, those sunglasses just crack me up! That is such a great idea, I wish I thought of it :) And your embossing is next level! How cool! I love all the texture and that greeting is perfect too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Very cool, Nancy! I would never have thought to use those accessories w/ the ghost but it's totally fun. Your bgs are out of this world. So much mixed media going on here. If I tried that, the mess would be everywhere. Just working w/ ink & paper is messy enough for me. Most days it looks like an episode of I Love Lucy in my room.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP