Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Father's Day Grill

>> Sunday, July 12, 2020


This year my son has been learning to grill. Well when it came to using his dad's grill he mentioned that it was not working on all  the burners. So for father's day this year he had me go pick up a new grill for his dad. So this image was the perfect image for his father's day card this year.

I stamped the GRILLING GUY image then stamped it on scrap paper and masked the image. Then I stamped the PICKET FENCE image.

Once it was all stamped I colored the image with copics.

I sponged clouds for the sky and left the area around the SMALL HAPPY FATHER'S DAY GREETING white and used a copic marker to color in grey around the sentiment.

I was not sure if I liked the grass with copics  with the sponged sky so I decided to do a second image. For this one I did all the same stamping and coloring but I used a grass stencil to color the grass. I think it works just as well with the sponged sky.

The hubby loved his card but he loves the new grill even more.

5 comments:

Shelia said...

Great Father’s Day cards, Lisa & perfect for your hubby with the new grill! Beautiful coloring & stenciling!

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool Father's Day card, Lisa. It is even better that it went with a new grill. How fun!!! Love your coloring. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Great summer card Lisa! King of the BBQ right there! (don't tell anyone but I do the BBQing at our house, I don't think Andy has done anything with the BBQ but light it up for me, LOL!)
I love the backyard fence and everything, so cute!

Sue said...

What a perfect Father's Day card to go with a new grill! What a wonderful scene you created and I LOVE the greeting in the cloud!

Karin said...

Both cards are amazing! Love the sky with the greetings in the clouds and your coloring on each is just superb!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP