Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Home of the Free

>> Friday, May 8, 2020

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff
 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! We've had some unusual weather for the first week of May..2 nights (so far) of freeze warnings! And highs only in the upper 50's. I'm sure the tropical plants I drug out of the garage a couple of weeks ago are not going to be happy. 

For my card today, I'm using a new soldiers silhouette image. I know these will look great as a dark silhouette, but I wanted to see how they'd look if I used another (inked) image to ink them. It's an old technique called "stamp kissing". I used the stars & stripes border to ink the silhouettes (I put them in my Misti so I could do it more than once). I like how they turned out..as if they're draped in the stars & stripes. I separated the greeting, above & below, & used the same inks to stamp them. The piece down the side is a piece of sticky back paper w/ red, white & blue narrow strips stuck to it. The lower section has stars stamped w/ white. Just to add a little something extra, I also punched some stars & added them to the soldiers & also a couple on the bg.
On the inside I stamped the stars & stripe border onto a sort of triangular piece & added it down the left side.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend & Happy Mother's Day!


Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs: Soldier Silhouettes (new!), USA Thanks to Our Brave Stars & Stripes Border (inside:  Let Freedom Ring )
paper: Staples 110# white, royal blue
ink: Memento love letter, Danube blue
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch dies, Misti, star punch


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Brilliant stamping and kissing, Julie. This card is soooooo fabulous. I love it! Wow. I am so trying this. Hugz

Shelia said...

Wow Julie, this is fantastic! Your soldiers in red, white & blue are amazing! Never would have thought to do this. I really like the result. I’m with Nancy, so going to give this a try.

Donna W said...

Great card, love it! Thanks for sharing.

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow Julie, that is amazing! It looks so wonderful and so different than just a silhouette!! I am so impressed that you even thought of that let alone accomplished it! Wow! It definitely gives this card the total WOW factor!
LOVE it!

Karin said...

Stunning card! I love the patriotic military men and the red, white and blue color combo! Just beautiful!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP