Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Silver Bells

>> Friday, April 3, 2020


by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff
Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! And I hope you've been able to stay well. We've had some really insanely high pollen counts here. Like over 9000! And I've definitely been feeling that. Since it's the beginning of April, I needed a Christmas card for the Splitcoast Fan Club Christmas Challenge. 

For my card, I silver embossed the pine bough image across the brushed silver paper then die cut it and a dk gray/sparkle paper. The greeting was also silver embossed on a smaller piece of the dk gray.
The bells image was colored w/ Copics & pretty much all of the cool gray Prismacolor pencils then fussy cut. I kept the greenery on the gray side of green so it wouldn't stand out so much. I may be a little biased, but I really like how the bells turned out.
Here are the Copics I used:
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend and stay safe!


Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Holly Jingle BellsDeco Peace & JoyPine Bough
paper:  Staples 110# white,  brushed silver stardream, dk gray Royal Fiber
ink:  Encore Ultimate metallic silver pigment, Memento tuxedo black




5 comments:

Shelia said...

Gorgeous card, Julie. The silver embossed branches make such a classy background! Gonna have to case this one, though I know I won’t be able to color those bells to perfection like you did! Beautiful!

Sue said...

This is such a beautiful and elegant card Julie! Your coloring on those bells is outstanding - I can practically hear them ringing :)

Robin Clendenning said...

So gorgeous Julie!! I just love those bells and you always color everything so beautifully!!

Karin said...

The silver embossing, along with your incredible coloring of the bells, makes this a real stunner! Just gorgeous Julie!

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, this is soooo pretty! Wonderful way to use the images and make a dreamy Christmas card. I am going to have to try something like this. I love it! Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP