Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Love!

>> Monday, January 20, 2020

Happy Monday Everyone. Trust you had a good weekend. It has turned rather cold here in NW Ohio. So I was happy to spend my weekend indoors working on some Valentine cards. I have a couple to share with you today.

This first one I actually made a copy of weeks ago for a challenge at Splitcoast Stampers to use bright colors. I added strips of glittery washi tape to a piece of CS, die cut the word love from the CS and then used the negative part for this card.



Everything was attached to a black card base. The greeting was stamped on the same black CS, heat embossed with white EP, die cut with a banner die and popped up with foam adhesive. Some of the glittery tape lost its glitter, so I die cut a couple of little hearts from some white glitter paper to cover up the missing glitter.

My next card uses this month's small die of the month from Spellbinders. It's a little on the detailed side, but I really like the look it creates.


 I started by cutting the LOVE frame from green CS, along with the letters and flowers from pink CS and hearts from bright pink CS. I also cut some of the stems from a lighter shade of green CS. I glued the letters, flowers, stems and hearts into place. I don't think you can see it clearly in the picture, but the letters are embossed with tiny slanted lines. I thought I had an EF with slanted lines, but couldn't find it. So I used my MS Scoring tool to score diagonal lines for the background panel. The greeting was stamped onto pink CS, die cut and popped up with foam adhesive. I added some Nuvo Crystal glaze to the hearts and flower centers.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you're staying warm!!

blessings,
shelia

5 comments:

Karin said...

This cards are fantastic Shelia! The first one has my name all over it...I LOVE the glittery, stripe-y background in valentine colors :) And how cool that you hand embossed the pink letters to match the background on the second card! It's just bursting with joy!

nwilliams6 said...

Sheila, the glittery bg you made on the first card is soooo pretty! Love it. The new love die from SBs is sooo lovely and detailed, and it makes a fab Valentine when combined with the DRS Greeting. Wonderful cards! Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Love your sparkly LOVE card! Beautiful colors! and your other love card is so cool with the die cuts!

Sue said...

These are both so cute Shelia! I will admit that the glitter is definitely more my style and something I'd like to try out!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both of your cards are so pretty, Shelia! I love all the glittery washi tape..I thought it was some fab designer paper. Your big love die cuts are so fabulous.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP