Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Busy Card for a Busy Season!

>> Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Hello friends,

Do you ever see something on Pintrest or a website that totally sticks in your head?  THIS fun flower at MacKensie-Childs stuck in mine (it is still there so you may see something like this again lol).

I thought it would be fun to mix patterns and colors on the DRS Designs Giant Poinsettia.  I made a fun red sheet of paper with the Ink/Spray/Smash technique followed by some Frantage, and then I stenciled on a scrap paper.  I stamped some poinsettias, then stamped the Silent Night Sheet Music on one of the flowers. I then fussy cut the flowers and layered them up.  I finished off the flower with some gel medium and gold micro beads.  The left over paper served as the background with a fun little gold bow.  I know it is kind of busy and a lot is going on, but that is how I like my cards! 

Hope your Christmas shopping and preparations are going well.  I am about 1/2 done.  A few more stocking-stuffers, a few more presents, and sending off the Christmas cards are still to do. 

Hugz,

Nancy

5 comments:

Sue said...

You are totally rockin' the poinsettia Nancy! I loved last weeks purple poinsettia and today's multi layer, multi color one is fun too! I'm also digging your plaid stencil background!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh so beautiful Nancy! Love your dimensional poinsettia! Love the imprinted embossing on it too! Beautiful layers and ribbon as well!

Karin said...

The papers you made are just outstanding and the flower with the microbeads is a huge WOW! Love the sweet greeting of hugs and well :)

Shelia said...

Wow, another gorgeous poinsettia card! Great background & design!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful poinsettia, Nancy! Love the colors & gold ribbon. Your bgs are really striking.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP