Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Happy Moose Christmas

>> Wednesday, November 13, 2019

On today's card, I played with a new set of Tim Holtz dies that I received for my birthday (Merry Moose).  I have loved every card I have seen with this set, and I am so glad my daughter bought it off my Amazon wish list.

I started my card by spraying watercolor paper with water and then sprinkling on some Brushos powder.  Next, I sprayed more water until the powders all blended.  Don't you love how Brushos change and move and turn into something wonderful?

The trees are cut from eight layers of a folded napkin.  I watched a Splitcoaststampers.com video this week on using napkins in your art, and I really wanted to try it.  Once the trees were cut, I water colored them with brown Brushos and let them dry.  I cut the moose from some malted milk paper and water colored all the pieces.  The gold pieces are from a left over facial cream package I have been saving (I love a good up-cycle).  I hand cut the snow bank and added some watered down black on the edge.  For my sentiment, I stamped the Small Merry Christmas Greeting and cut it out like a banner.  After the moose was assembled and added to the scene, I flecked on some Snowtex.

Sounds like a lot of steps but it was really pretty easy.  I made another one for my Pop's birthday card - what hunter doesn't like a card with game on it? LOL.

Hope your week is going well!

Hugz,

Nancy

4 comments:

Shelia said...

Oh my goodness this moose is absolutely adorable! You have created a wonderful scene for him too. Love all the scattered snow. What a fantastic card this is!

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute Nancy! I love how you sort of fling your snow! I can't wait till we have some. Love the dark blue sky!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How fun this is, Nancy! I love that goofy moose & your snowy bg looks fab. Such a happy card!

Sue said...

So doggone cute Nancy!! LOVE the intense blue sky you created to showcase your moose!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP