Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Dancing Ghost

>> Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Hello, friends.

This past weekend we had a family reunion in Elba, Alabama.  I googled some interesting places around there so we could add to our collection of fun Alabama discoveries.  I found the story of the Dancing Ghost of Grancer Harrison so off we went to visit this famous ghost.  He is one of the 13 famous Alabama Ghosts written up by Kathryn Windham-Tucker.  You can hear a bit about him along with a great song too if you click HERE.  If you like folksy tales, HERE is Dr. Poppy Moon's story telling.

Since the ghost is supposedly around a grave in an old cemetery, I decided to add the really fun DRS Designs Silhouette Grave Yard on the bottom and then sponged on some inks to color it up.  When we were at the grave, there were some spooky trees around and some crows.  I decided to add a few Spooky Tree Limb to the page as well. 

Hope your week is going well - thanks for visiting!

Hugz,

Nancy

3 comments:

Sue said...

I just LOVE this page Nancy!! You did a wonderful job decorating the bottom and edges and your sponging is perfect!

Robin Clendenning said...

So cool Nancy! I want to go on your next road trip girlfriend! I love the graveyard at the bottom and perfect sponged bg wow! Love it!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is awesome, Nancy! What a page & what a story. So COOOOOOOLLLLL! I love ghost stories & I even like cemeteries. When I get a chance, I do photo requests for headstones at local cemeteries for an online source (Find a Grave). It's pretty cool. Your story & pictures really take me back to the time Hubs & I visited the Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah (from the Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil fame). It was kind of spooky w/ the moss & old headstones.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP