Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Fall is in the Air!

>> Thursday, August 15, 2019

Good Morning!
Well if July is for Christmas then August must be for fall right?
I think we will have fall today anyway!  
I actually can't wait till fall because I really don't like summers...too blasted hot for me!  I have to say though that this summer has felt like a reprieve compared to the last 7 or so summers where we have had what seemed like a heat wave all summer long and fires popping up every few days!!!  When you live in a national forest area, THAT is a scary thing!!!
My first card today using a sketch from SCS.
For the background I sprayed a panel of watercolor paper with
Distress Oxide Ink and then spritzed on some bleach.
My little ovals are made up of: DRS Autumn in the Air  and 
4 in 1 Harvest Designs.  To fill more space on the top and bottom oval 
I masked and restamped the same design twice.
The stitched die I used is from ODBD and the mat is fussy cut because I did not have any the right size in the same shaped oval.



My next card could be a Thanksgiving card or just a nice fall card.
 The stamps I used for this card are DRS: Fall Fence and 
I did the sky with Distress Oxide Inks first (they are semi opaque so I didn't want my image lines to be covered).  I then stamped my image and colored with Copic markers.


My background is a chicken wire embossing folder from Cutttlebug.  The oval dies are
from Lifestyle Crafts.

Thanks for visiting today!  
Robin

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Robin, some great Fall cards! Love the colors and all the wonderful colors and coloring. I think we got your heat! We have had a very tough week here - lots of people in the hospital and stuck in their houses. So far no fire scares - I am glad you don't have them this year. The second is my favorite - I am really looking forward to some pumpkin patch visits and it reminds me of them. Hugz

Shelia said...

Lovely fall cards, Robin. Beautiful design, details, color combos & coloring. Not sure I can pick a favorite, they're both so pretty!

Karin said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the fall contained ovals and the pretty blue splattery background on the first. And the lovely fall scene on the second is enough to make anyone happy!

Sue said...

What beautiful cards Robin! Hard to believe you used those little corners to make such wonderful ovals! Love all the colors on your second card - you've got me dreaming of fall!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

these are so pretty, Robin! I love the bright colors & triple ovals on the first. The second is wonderful w/ the warm colors of autumn.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP