Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Balloon Races

>> Friday, July 12, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Is it HOT HOT HOT where you are? Pretty warm around here. Temps aren't too terrible (upper 80's) but the humidity is awful! To make it worse, our AC decided to take a little vacay. Of all the nerve! I almost couldn't finish this card..it was 80 degrees inside! Thank goodness the repair men were able to fix it the next afternoon. 

My card today is a mix match of leftover watercolor backgrounds. I only had a small section left of the pink/orangey mix..just enough for all the hot air balloons. After I fussy cut them, I added just a little white pencil on the zigzag lines. The green/yellow bg was one of those that didn't really work when I made it. So I tried a technique where you take a fine line pen & outline all of the watercolor sections. I was surprised how much it improved the look of it & how I liked it behind the balloons. You just never know when a "fail" will work out in the future. 
Here's the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! 


Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, watercolor
ink: Memento tuxedo black, (Kaliedacolor birthstone used on inside)
accessories: Rubbernecker Square Stitch  dies, white Prismacolor pencil, watercolors




6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Brilliant design, Julie! Love the landscape bg you did and those balloons all look totally fabulous!!!! Wonderful card. Hugz

Shelia said...

Fun balloon card, Julia! Your background looks great with those beautiful balloons floating over top!

Sue said...

What a bright and cheerful card Julie! Beautiful colors/placement on the balloons and your green/yellow background is very cool with the added lines!

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute Julie! I love all the balloons! Beautiful colors!

dutchess said...

Love this fabulous colourful card...great stamps and colouring on the background.....xxx

Karin said...

That green background looks amazing and I love the way it makes the colorful balloons just pop! Stunning card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP