Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Camo Fishing

>> Friday, June 21, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! We've had a return to the hot, humid days of summer around here. And almost daily rain, which is great if you need it, but not so great when you're having tree work done in your yard. With the rain, the guys can't cut the trees w/o their heavy equipment getting stuck in the mud. 

For today's card, I'm featuring this new Camo Bg. I will not lie...I had a bit of trouble at first. First couple of times, I used it too much & just made a messy looking bg. The next 5 times, I couldn't find a color combo I liked. It was going to be like the little fisherman's vest..but again it looked too messy so I just used a small part of it for the vest. I finally went with sort of a watery color combo then stamped the little fish on top. A little more subtle, but I like it.
The fisherman was colored w/ Copics (except for the paper pieced vest) & I split the greeting above & below him before adding a dark charcoal layer. The camo bg was actually done on printer paper..it was one of my practice sheets but I liked it so I just glued it to the same charcoal c/s & went w/ it.

Here's the inside & below it are the Copics I used. I replaced the W in Wishes w/ an F from the Pawsitively greeting.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! 


Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white, dk charcoal
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Distress inks tumbled glass, weathered wood, antique linen, iced spruce (ripe persimmon, carved pumpkin & crushed olive were used on the vest)
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle StitchRectangle Stitch Frame dies Copic markers





4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Awesome stamping and coloring, Julie. You made that little guy totally come to life and your camo/water bg is amazing. I love this card. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

This is so cute Julie! Beautiful work on the coloring too, wow! Always so Beautifully done! I love all the dimension you are able to achieve! Great camo too!

Shelia said...

I think your camo background looks amazing! Love how you stamped the fish directly onto the camp. My fav though is that vest! How adorable!

Karin said...

The background was worth all the extra effort to get it right, because it is just fantastic! I love it with the addition of the fish, and the fisherman's vest is amazing too! Gorgeous card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP