Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Grad Caps

>> Friday, April 19, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! It's getting to be that time of year..when all the bands start playing Pomp & Circumstance. As a former band member, I can't even remember how many graduations I attended because I was in the band playing that song. It would be even harder to try & remember how many football games I marched in at half time. 

Since most folks are going to be needing a few grad cards, here's a really quick one. I die cut the fun diamonds border out of black & the separate center diamond out of red. That central piece looks kind of like a mortarboard so I made a little tassel w/ some metallic gold thread & attached a Candi dot on top. I used my Misti to stamp the greeting underneath along w/ the silhouette grad caps on the top section. Since they're so solid, I stamped them a couple of times.
 Here's a look at the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! 
Supplies:

stamps: DRS Designs: Hats Off Graduation Grad Hat Hooray  (inside: Grad Saying)
paper: Staples 110# white, black, red
ink: Versaclair nocturne, (Memento tuxedo black & love letter used inside)
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch, MISTI, Spellbinders Contemporary Diamonds diesGold Sewing Thread, Candi dots

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Super pretty, Julie. Love that die and the hats in the background really make it. Elegant and so professional looking. GREAT GRAD card! Hugz

Karin said...

Oh, I just love that little grad hat you created and the flying hat background is perfect on this card too! Great job!

Sue said...

What a fun and dramatic grad card Julie! The black and white with the pop of red is just so eye catching! Love the little handmade tassel - it's the perfect finishing touch!

Robin Clendenning said...

Gorgeous die and it looks fantastic for a graduation. Inventive!
Love the black, white and red colors too!

Shelia said...

What a fantastic grad card, Julie. I used to have that die. Now I want it back! LOL. Great sketch. Your homemade tassel is awesome!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP