Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Two cards

>> Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Hi Everyone,

It was a cold and snowy weekend, so it was the perfect time for some stamping.  Here are two recent makes of mine that I'm happy to share here today. Both are pretty quick and easy.

In honor of the next card holiday, here is a valentine suitable for anyone.  I stamped and die cut the Valentine's Full of Love greeting, coloring in the empty spaces on a few of the words using a red marker.

I took a ruler and drew lines down one side of the cardstock, and added gems and punched hearts in traditional Valentine's day colors.



Thankfully I didn't have a need for this next type of cards, but they're the hardest to make when in a time of grief.  They're a must have staple in the card stash for sure.

I love the Calla Lily Sympathy Frame stamp because it's an image and greeting all in one.  I stamped and colored it, adding a bit of glitter glue to the center of the flower, after I had trimmed and matted it.


The background was made using the Splatter Background stamp, and I added a die cut and embossed flower panel on top of that, tying it with a gauzy ribbon before attaching the image.  

Have you begun your Valentine card making? Be sure to check out the stamp catalog right here!
Have a great day!
Karin


5 comments:

Shelia said...

Karin, your Valentine card is adorable! I really like those lines with the hearts & gems. Super cute. You're right about the sympathy cards. So hard to make them when you need them. This is a beautiful card & will definitely bring some comfort to the recipient.

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the string of hearts and rhinestones on your first card, so cute! Love the little frame for your sentiment too! Your second card is so pretty with that Lily frame! Two beautiful cards Karin!

Sue said...

2 beautiful cards Karin! The "string" with the hearts and gems is wonderful and you sympathy card is perfect. Thanks for reminding me that I need to get busy on a few sympathy cards myself.

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, both are fabulous! I really like how you did the string of hearts and it adds so much interest to the pretty card and sentiment. The sympathy card is really special with your beautiful coloring and framing (I need to get that image). Some really great ideas here!!!! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful, Karin! Love the hearts on the strings w/ the jewels. Such a cool look. And the lily card is lovely. The zigzag green frame really stands out.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP