Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Lasso the Moon Valentine

>> Friday, January 25, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff


Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! It's been frrreeeeezzzzzzziiinnnggg here! We had snow last weekend then temps only in the upper 20's for highs & low teens for lows. Then Thursday, we had snow flurries again. Oh & we about blew away to Kansas w/ Dorothy in between. It has been one wild weather week! In honor of the Lunar eclipse this past week, & Valentine's Day to come, I have a cute little cowgirl who's attempting to lasso the moon.
After coloring & fussy cutting my cowgirl..it seemed easier than trying to mask her & color the bg dark blue, I die cut a big circle moon for her to lasso. I added the greeting onto the moon, then added the fence boards at the bottom & some stars at the top of the card front.

Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper: X-Press It white, Staples 110# white, navy
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Distress ink weathered wood
accessories:  Misti, Copic markers, Rubbernecker stitched rectangles & circles dies



5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, this is sooooo cool! I love that giant moon and the little cowgirl roping in it in. What a great idea!!! It is a SUPER cute card and very fun. Stay warm!!!! Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Attempting? I'd say she succeeded!! This is just TOO cute Julie!! What a great Valentine this makes with that sentiment, PERFECT!! Love this one to bits!

Sue said...

I just love how clever this card is Julie! Can't imagine even coming up with this idea let alone creating it as perfectly as you have! You got me singing Buffalo Girls from It's a Wonderful Life...

Karin said...

She is just darling and I love the design of her lassoing the moon! Such a cute use for that great sentiment stamp...And now I'm singing too, after reading Sue's comment! Stay warm!

Shelia said...

Julie, this is too cute! Love the little cowgirl up on the fence trying to lasso the moon! Absolutely adorable!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP