Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Wood, Snow and a Fishing Pole!

>> Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Hope you had a wonderful holiday.  I sure did!

Today I have three cards using the same base card, but I changed them all up by using a variety of different stamps.

I was inspired by THIS fun Snowman Sign at The Lakeside Collection.  I stamped the Wood Grain Background on Kraft using Memento Black and a MISTI.  Then I  heat embossed the Snow Better Friend Greeting with Versamark and white embossing powder.  I made a little snowman using a circle punch and a scrap of orange paper for his nose.  I dusted the whole thing with some SnowTex to finish it off, but it still needed something. I had made some snowflakes using the Tim Holtz Sizzix Snowflakes Die and one was mangled on my floor.  I cut it up and used parts of it to finish off the card.

I loved the wood look so I made two more card bases using the Wood Grain Background stamp.  On this card, I used the Three Wooded Crosses and the new The Way, The Truth and the Life Greeting. I added more Snowtex on the hill to make it look more like a Christmas card.
Then, my Grandson, Lewis, wanted to make a New Years card with some fishing poles - he picked them out.  We got a bit too much embossing powder on this one but it looks extra festive and is perfect for a fisherman!  We used the Fishing Pole and the Happy New Year Circle Greeting.  I was asked how I get such a thin coat of Snowtex on these cards.  I made sure that the brush I used was really wet all the way through but then removed any excess water.  I lightly dipped it in the wettest part of my Snowtex container and didn't pick up any big globs or a lot of the Snowtex.  I then flecked the snow on using my finger.
Wishing you a wonderful 2019!

Hugz,

Nancy

6 comments:

Christa said...

Love the Snow Tex on the cards. How were you able to do a thin coat using the Snow Tex

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful, Nancy! The Kraft w/ all the snow is really wonderful. The white embossing & different greetings is a great way to change it up.

Karin said...

Each one of these cards are just superb! The snowman is darling and I love the woodgrain and snow smattering on all of them!

Sue said...

Incredible wood backgrounds! Why did I never think of stamping the wood grain on kraft??? Your shading, highlights and snow are all perfect! I love the extra embossing powder on the fishing card and even your mangled snowflake ended up perfect!

Robin Clendenning said...

I love all your snowy cards Nancy! The white looks so good on the brown/kraft color!

Shelia said...

Love these fun snow cards, Nancy! Your grandson did a great job on the fishing pole card. I love that he creates with you! My fav is the snowman card. So cute!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP