Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Tool Time Stocking

>> Friday, December 14, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

  Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! It's only about 10 days until Christmas! Yikes! Today I have a fairly quick card using a fun new image. After stamping & coloring, I die cut it and the greeting. I came across a piece of aluminum foil I had glued to a piece of card stock, so I added some pools of alcohol inks in greens then embossed it w/ a stocking folder. Then I took a paper towel w/ a little rubbing alcohol on it & removed most of the ink from the embossed stockings.
 I added a narrow red layer behind it & done.

Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Tool Stocking, Fixin' Chrismtas (inside: RulerSeason of Wonder)
paper:  Staples 110# white, red
ink: Memento tuxedo black
accessories:   Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch dies, Copic markers, Copic refills, aluminum foil, Sizzix embossing folder (stockings)


5 comments:

Sue said...

What a fun and festive card Julie! Great job on the embossed background - perfect card for any Mr. Fix-it!

Shelia said...

Beautiful card, Julie! Gorgeous coloring on the image, as always. 😊 your embossed background is amazing.

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, that bg is soooo awesome and the perfect backdrop for your beautifully colored image. Super card! Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Your guy Christmas card is so cute! I love the metal bg! You've made everything look so real, so 3D...you are an amazing colorist!

Karin said...

The metallic stocking background is super cool and the perfect backdrop for the masculine stocking! Great card :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP