Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sparkly Beach-Themed Christmas Cards

>> Wednesday, December 12, 2018

I always think of colder weather when I do Christmas cards, but it is just as likely to be beach weather at Christmas where I live.  

My first card is a CAS card that is perfect for beach loving friends.  I made it with the new Seashell Christmas Tree image and the Seas and Greetings sentiment.  It was easy to color up and I added in some Stickles to make it sparkle. 
My second card is a wreath card using the shells off the Seashell Christmas Tree image.  I stamped the image three threes, colored up the shells, and fussy cut most of them.  Then I arranged one layer  on a wreath form (cut a rough circle then cut out another circle out of the middle so you have a wreath form).  Next,  I layered on some fun fibers and some foliage/coral (TH Holiday Greens Thinlets cut out of paint-splattered Kraft paper).  Lastly, I added on another layer of shells, a few half-pearls and some Stickles.
Behind the window is the Flamingo Palm Tree Scene and the sentiment is the new Seas and Greetings used in the first card.  The window die is from MFT and the wood grain embossing folder is SU!.  This card was a case of THIS fun card done by the Featured Stamper for this week at Splitcoaststampers. 

Hugz,

Nancy

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Nancy, these are so pretty. Your wreath is gorgeous! Love all the details on these beauties!

Donna W said...

Such pretty cards! Thanks for sharing.

Robin Clendenning said...


These are both so pretty Nancy!! I think I like the wreath the best of all but I know that was a lot of work!! Beautiful cards!

Sue said...

Beautiful cards Nancy! Your seashell tree card is wonderful! The stickles give it just the right beachy look. You've made another incredible wreath! What a great idea using the shells on it and then putting it on a window!

Karin said...

Oh my! The pearls on your wreath just took my breath away! These cards are beyond beautiful and I love the sandy touches on the first one too :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

these are fabulous, Nancy! Your seashell tree & wreath cards are wonderful in these colors. I love all the texture & pearls on your wreath.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP